General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Here you can read all information and changes about the AVG law.
The AVG will apply on 25 May 2018. This means that from that date onwards, the same privacy legislation applies throughout the European Union (EU). The Personal Data Protection Act (Wbp) isn’t longer applied.
Stricter requirements than Wbp
The AVG sets stricter requirements and conditions than the Wbp. In this way the rights of citizens are strengthened and the obligations of organizations increase. That is important, because privacy is a fundamental right. The AVG entered into force in May 2016. Organizations are expected to align their operations with the AVG ever since. They will receive the time until May 25, 2018. After that everyone can appeal to organizations for compliance with the AVG.
What is changing? The AVG ensures among other things:
– Strengthening and extending privacy rights.
– More responsibilities for organizations.
– The same solid powers for all European privacy regulators.
– That no unnecessary data is stored anymore.
– Personal data are only used for the purpose for which the information was originally collected.
What has Reiger changed online?
– Processor agreement concluded with Google.
– IP addresses are processed anonymously.
– Data is no longer shared with Google.
– Website secured with an SSL certificate. SSL literally stands for Secure Sockets Layer, which means that a secure layer is placed between a server and an internet browser so that the data is protected.
Which data will still be stored?
– The IP addresses are stored anonymously so that the location can no longer be determined.
– Personal data are processed securely when an order is placed in the merchandise.
The profile of Reiger Suspension with regard to customer and supplier management
– The personal data relate to potential, existing or old customers and suppliers.
– Reiger Suspension does not process any special personal data.
– The personal data comes from the customers or suppliers themselves, Reiger Suspension has not acquired or purchased them from third parties.
– Reiger Suspension uses Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
– The data isn’t linked or merged with other data of the customer or supplier that have been obtained at another time and / or in another context.
– In the processing of personal data, it doesn’t use new technologies (Like fingerprint systems or facial recognition).
– In addition, the processing doesn’t amount to following the location or the movements of people.
– Reiger Suspension doesn’t use the personal data to identify profiles of those involved in order to get an idea of their interests, behavior or economic situation.
– Reiger Suspension only provides personal data of its customers and suppliers to other suppliers and contractors in the context of the outsourcing of activities.
– Reiger Suspension communicates with their customers and suppliers and makes agreements with them by e-mail and in writing.
– Storage of personal data at Reiger Suspension takes place on the hard disk of the own computers.